Terms & Conditions
1) Purposes:Butler Seattle, LLC. (Butler Events) is the producer and coordinator of Northwest Event Show (NWES) scheduled for November 13-14, 2019 at The Washington State Convention Center (referred to below as “WSCC”) in Seattle Washington. Exhibitor wishes to participate in Northwest Event Show and has received Butler Event’s approval of Exhibitor’s presentation of exhibit. Both NWES and all Exhibitors are subject to certain requirements of the WSCC. The Parties further desire to set forth the agreement between them. In consideration of these purposes and the mutual terms and conditions set forth below, the Parties agree as follows:
2) Additional Service Fees: In order to participate in temporary events in the City of Seattle, it is mandatory for each Exhibitor to have either a City of Seattle Business License or obtain a temporary event license in the amount of $10.00 per exhibit day. A city ordinance requires NWES to provide the City of Seattle with a complete list of all Exhibitors participating in the event and collect the $10.00 per exhibit day fee for all Exhibitors without a Seattle Business License. Each Exhibitor is responsible for one of the following:
A) Provide NWES with a copy of your Seattle Business License or the Customer Number (top right corner of your license).
B) If Exhibitor does not have a Seattle Business License, Exhibitor must notify Butler Events and Butler Events will include the $20.00 fee into the costs of exhibiting and handling fees.
3) Exhibitor’s Booth Equipment: NWES will provide the Exhibitor’s booth(s) with: one 8’ tall black draped backdrop, two 3’ tall black side drapes (one side drape for corner booths), one single line 7” by 44” identification sign, and one 500 watt electrical outlet regardless of booth size and exhibitor entrance badges. One 8’ draped table per 10’ by 10’ or 10’ by 20’ booth space, one 4’ black draped table for 5’ by 10’ booth space, one 8’ draped table per all other sized booths not described above. A list of exhibitor’s personnel is due on 10/25/19. Badges will be available at exhibitor check at the front doors of the show on Tuesday during Show move-in and Wednesday, pre-show. Upon request made to NWES’s show decorator, Exhibitor may obtain booth cleaning and additional electrical service for its booth, as well as booth carpeting, and additional tables and risers. A complete list of these items and the applicable charges will be set forth on the vendor information page on www.nweventshow.com, which will be posted by May 2019.
4) Occupancy: Exhibitor agrees to have its exhibit ready for public viewing and Fire Marshall inspection no later than Wednesday, 9:00am, November 13, 2019. Exhibitor also agrees to occupy and maintain its exhibit space at the NWES during advertised show hours. (November 13, 2019 9:00am to 5:00pm and November 14, 2019 10:00 am to 5:00pm, except for Hall C which will open at 7:30am November 13, 2019 for the Keynote breakfast)
5) Move-In: Exhibit materials can be delivered to the WSCC on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11am to 8pm, Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:00am to 9:00am.
6) Display Removal: No exhibit or part of an exhibit may be removed from the WSCC during show hours. A penalty of $500.00 dollars will be accessed if any part of their display is disassembled during show hours.
7) Move-Out: Exhibitor agrees not to disassemble their display until November 14, 2019 at 5:00pm. Exhibitors agree not to place anything in aisle ways until the show decorator removes aisle carpet. In the event Exhibitor has not entirely removed all display items before Thursday November 14, 2019, at 8:00pm, NWES shall be authorized to remove (at the sole cost and expense of the Exhibitor) any and all items remaining on the property without liability for any resulting damages or losses.
8) Use of Space: Exhibitor’s use of display booth(s) shall be limited to merchandise and/or services included in show and guide contract, and shall be used for no other purpose without the prior written consent of NWES. NWES reserves the right to reject or remove any display or presentation that in its sole discretion deems inconsistent with the use set forth on this participation & advertising agreement, or which otherwise fails to comply with terms of this agreement.
9) Display Restrictions: No signs, partitions, apparatus, shelves, etc., may extend more than eight feet above the floor along the rear of an exhibit or more than 50% the distance from the back of the booth toward the front without express written approval by NWES. Exhibitor agrees not to obstruct aisles or access to neighboring booths, nor conduct or operate its exhibit so as to cause interference with, annoyance or endangerment to other exhibitors or visitors. This restriction applies to but is not limited to, volume of P.A. systems, persons, musical instruments or any device which volume might be objectionable to NWES. The distribution of any samples, souvenirs, publications, or other sales or promotional activities shall be conducted only from within the Exhibitor’s booth. Exhibitor, and its agents, employees, business invitees and assigns shall comply with the rules and regulations set forth in the Exhibitor’s Packet which will be posted online by May 2019.
10) Damage or Defacement of WSCC: Exhibitor shall not injure, mar, or deface the center or the grounds outside the center. Exhibitor shall not drive any nails, hooks, tacks, or screws in any part of the center, nor shall it make any alteration of any kind therein. Upon demand of the WSCC or NWES, Exhibitor shall pay to WSCC or NWES such sums as shall be necessary to restore the premises, center, or grounds to their original condition if any portion thereof shall be damaged by the act, default, or negligence of Exhibitor.
11) Transportation of Materials: The Transportation Management Plan shall govern Exhibitors move-in/out at the WSCC. NWES may amend the plan and guidelines when NWES shall deem the amendment or modification to be in the best interest of the Northwest Event Show. After notice, Exhibitor agrees to comply with the amendments. The Transportation Management Plan will be set forth in the Exhibitor Packet, which will be posted online by May 2019.
12) Food Sale and Distribution: Exhibitor may not sell food or beverages in the WSCC without the written consent from NWES, WSCC and ARAMARK (catering agent for the WSCC). If you will be serving samples* of food or beverages of any type at the Northwest Event Show, Exhibitor is solely responsible for obtaining the necessary licenses and paying the necessary fees, if required, to King County Health Department and completing the ARAMARK food sampling form posted online at www.nweventshow.com. (*Sample size non-alcoholic drinks are limited to maximum three (3) ounce containers and food items are limited to three (3) ounces or bite size portions.) Food and/or beverage items served by non-licensed caterers as traffic promoters (i.e., popcorn, coffee, bar service) must be purchased through ARAMARK. Food and/or beverage items served by exhibitors other than licensed caterers as traffic promoters (i.e., popcorn, coffee, bar service) must be purchased through ARAMARK.
13) Alcoholic Beverages: Exhibitors not in the business of manufacturing/distilling alcoholic beverages may not serve or dispense alcoholic beverages. Exhibitor is solely responsible for obtaining the necessary licenses and paying any necessary fees, if required, to the Washington State Liquor Control Board and completing the ARAMARK food/beverage sampling form posted online at www.nweventshow.com. (*Sample sizes are limited to maximum two (2) ounce portions for beer or wine and ½ ounce portions for distilled liquor.)
14) Lotteries and Contests: Exhibitor shall be solely responsible to ensure that any drawings, lotteries or contests held by Exhibitor on the premises are conducted in strict compliance with the law.
15) Dispensing of Advertising Materials: The NWES reserves the right to restrict or remove signs, literature, and business cards of businesses or person’s not leasing separate exhibit space in the Northwest Event Show. An Exhibitor may only display signs and distribute literature and advertising materials pertaining to their particular business within their booth space. This applies to, but is not limited to, any advertising containing businesses, which, in the opinion of NWES, could lease separate exhibit space in the show.
16) Floor Plan/Relocation: NWES reserves the right to alter the number of booth spaces in the WSCC, limit the number of Exhibitors in each business category, and reserves the right to relocate Exhibitor for the sole purpose of consolidating traffic flow. Floor plans are subject to change without notice.